Declare or change your advisor or major


During your freshman year at USM, your GE 114/115 First Year Experience instructor will serve as your academic advisor. At the end of your freshman year — with your freshman advisor’s assistance — you will select a new academic advisor in the department of your major.  

If you are a transfer student, you will be assigned an advisor prior to your first registration.  Once you are enrolled as a transfer student, you may change your advisor by completing this form.

Students may declare or change their major at any time. Please print, complete and submit this form to declare or change your advisor or major.