USM's Veterans Services — here to serve you

Welcome to the University of Saint Mary Military and Veterans Coordinator's office. Along with our military certifying official in the registrar's office, we're well-equipped to serve you as your primary source for information on eligibility requirements, admissions, and other important resources. We're here to help current and prospective students who are active duty military, veterans, and military/veteran dependent.

On the following pages, you'll find access to forms, details on benefits like the G.I. Bill®, the VA Yellow Ribbon Program, and other resources, and information for new, returning, and transfer students


This office understands the unique challenges you may face transitioning from the military service to student life and is sensitive to the issues faced by both our veterans and active-duty students and military/veteran dependents.


Contact us with questions about:

  • Academic course planning - for active duty, veterans, and dependents

  • Military scholarships for veterans, active duty, and dependents

  • Financial aid

  • Chapters 31 & 22 and Vocational Rehab applications and payments

  • Family and personal needs

  • Veterans' and military support groups

  • Yellow Ribbon Program participation

  • Personal assistance with registration

  • Undergraduate and graduate classes, both online and face-to-face

  • Local military and veterans groups and events

We appreciate everything you've done for our country and everything you add to our university community. Again, we're here to help. Contact us any time. 



There are a wide range of benefits available for military students. But it's important to keep a few key precautions in mind to protect those benefits:

  • USM does not handle re-certification. To maintain your benefits, you must complete a Veterans Certification Request Form every semester. Forms are available in the registrar's office and online.

  • Depending on your particular benefits program, you may need to make monthly attendance reports to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs WAVE service.

  • Contact the USM Registrar's office any time you make an academic change. You should notify the registrar when you add or drop a course, change your major, or intend to withdraw from school. Make sure personal information, including your address, is kept up to date.

  • You must meet USM requirements for academic progress. If you are suspended for failing to meet those guidelines, you must be reinstated at USM before resuming your education benefits.