Carlton Philpot
Veterans Services Coordinator
913-682-5151, ext. 6424

Carlton Philpot

A message from Carlton Philpot, CDR, US Navy (Ret.):

Thank you for visiting the University of Saint Mary veterans/military student site.

Often times, individuals are blessed to have a job, but sometimes individuals are fortunate to have a job that blesses them. Such is the case with my opportunity, honor, and pleasure to serve as the USM veterans and military student coordinator.

The university wants to provide top-quality service and support for those who have served and are serving this great country.

We're here to assist you with your: 

  • Enrollment application

  • Student loans

  • VA benefits

  • Textbook purchases

  • Other needs or questions

If we cannot resolve the issue, we will help find those who can.

These webpages also contain a list of community resources that may also help meet the needs of your family members, as well as all the forms for you will need to complete and submit online for registering and your major benefits and entitlement.

In the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact Larissa or me. We are at your service.




Wanda Owen
Veterans Certifying Official

Wanda Owen

Wanda Owen, the university's registrar, handles the benefit certification process for USM's military students—perhaps the single most important step to claiming your government education benefits. 


As a military student, you'll be in frequent contact with Wanda's office. Notify Wanda's office whenever you make academic changes.