Admissions info for veterans and active duty


The University of Saint Mary has been designated as a Servicemembers Opportunity College (SOC), one of more than 1,500 colleges and universities providing voluntary post-secondary education to members of the military.


As an SOC member, the university recognizes the unique nature of the military commitment and seeks to ease the transfer of relevant course credits, offers flexible scheduling, and provides credit for learning stemming from appropriate military training and experience.


Also, please keep in mind that any veterans education benefits you receive must be reported on your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). 


New, transfer, and returning students


If you're a freshman, you must submit your SAT or ACT test score and a high school transcript to the University of Saint Mary.


The first step to realizing your benefits for new students is to apply for eligibility benefits through the Veterans Administration. You can also download a copy of VA form 22-1990 to send in. 


You'll also need to fill out a USM Veterans Information Sheet, available at the registrar's office. 


Transfer students should already have their benefits in order, and need only fill out the USM form.


Continuously enrolled returning students must re-certify each semester. Contact the Registrar's Office for more information. If you've let your enrollment lapse for a semester, you must also re-submit a USM Veterans Information Sheet