Admissions Counselor - Employment Details
Promotes high school and college relations for the Office of Admissions by providing information concerning university admissions policies and procedures to prospective students and families or other interested members of the public.
- Explains academic programs, admissions criteria, and financial aid awarding to prospective
- Performs continual follow up with interested students through the acceptance and enrollment process for freshmen and transfer students.
- Represents the university at high school and college programs and fairs as well as events on campus.
- Assists in the development and implementation of admissions marketing techniques and materials
- Maintains a favorable liaison with the public as well as the university community
- Performs outreach to prospective students through a number of different formats including telecounseling, emailing, and text messaging.
- Manages a geographical territory of prospective students
- Extensive travel required, including overnights and weekend travel. Overnight travel can account for up to half of your work schedule during the fall recruiting season
- Some evenings and weekend shift work
- Performs additional duties as reasonably assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Previous related experience preferred but not required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish and English preferred.
- Affinity with the overall mission of the University of Saint Mary.
- Effective communication skills to ensure inquiries are appropriately processed
- Ability to work with a diverse community
- Project a positive, professional, customer focused image for the university.
- Proven ability to work independently as well as part of a team in a professional and confidential manner.
- Must be able to successfully pass required background screening as appropriate.
Submit a cover letter, resume and contact information for at least three current professional references to:
[email protected] (preferred method)
University of Saint Mary
4100 South Fourth Street
Leavenworth, Kansas 66048
Saint Mary is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
|Jan 25, 2019|
|Jan 25, 2019|